Sunday, April 18, 2010

New Ward

I just went to my new ward. I can't believe it, but I am excited that this is my ward. I was greeted at the door by a girl named Amber. She welcomed me and assured me this was the right ward and seemed genuinely excited I was there, I believe she even clapped a little. I introduced myself to the Relief Society and immediately someone (Heather) behind me tapped my shoulder, said hi and told me she also lives in my complex. I met two other sisters, Megan and Mallory, after Relief Society. In Sacrament meeting Amber came and sat with me and Amanda. I felt very welcomed.

The ward is pretty small, which I think will be nice. Hopefully I will be able to meet more people that way and find a place to fit in. I also think it is a little older of a ward. I am still on the old side, but it seemed to be made up of people in their mid to late 2o's. The girls looked like average wonderful people, not super models. I didn't see many guys, but I did see at least 2 who were pretty cute.

I feel like I have found a place where I can meet people and enjoy the activities. I am being realistic though, I know I will have to put forth effort but I actually want to. I have hope for this ward and that is something I haven't felt out of a singles ward for a few years. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Yes!!! I am so happy to hear this!!