Friday, April 23, 2010

Today

I went to Ray's funeral today. I have to admit, it was tough to go. It wasn't tough because I felt particularly close to this student but because I knew I would see my other students there. I look at this group of kids as though they are mine and I didn't want to see them in pain. I wish that I could shelter them from this. I wanted so badly to just hold them all and give them some comfort. I did hug several of them, but it didn't erase their tears.

I wish they could all feel the love of our Savior right now. I think that is the only thing that can ease this pain. I think that was the one thing missing from the funeral. I didn't feel the hope that comes from understanding the reality of the atonement. It is a blessing to know that there is life after this and we can all be together again. For my kids and Ray's family, I wish them that knowledge and comfort.

It was a tough day. I am grateful to know there is a purpose behind all of Heavenly Father's actions. That gives me great comfort!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you have had a rough day. Funerals of students and seeing others in pain are always hard. (I have had to attend a few funerals of students, too. I do know how you feel.)

I, too, am grateful for the knowledge of life beyond this, that our Savior knows us and loves us, offers us comfort and assurances when we hurt.

I am glad you were there today, able to give hugs to your former students. Those will help them and be a reminder of YOUR love for them.

Happy night, sweetie. Love you!