Sunday, January 23, 2011

Missy MooMoo

I have just been sitting here thinking about my little sister. I am so grateful that she finally came to our family. I used to pray that I would get a sister but I kept getting brothers. Not that I don't love them, but there always seemed to be something special about having a sister. I would imagine us talking about boys, arguing over borrowed clothes, and giggling into the night. But that is not what I got. Missy MooMoo didn't come until I was almost 12, so the years we were supposed to have those "hallmark" moments, she spent learning to walk and talk. Then when she could finally have conversations with me, I went to college. I sort of felt jipped of that special sisterly thing I had always wanted.

Now the years have passed and she is getting ready to graduate from High School. I have the sister I always wanted. It is not the relationship portrayed on TGIF, it is ours. She has been such a strength to me. She sees the best in me always. She forgives me for my failings and is there in a way that other people can't be. We actually have inside jokes and special songs. We aren't the sisters who fight over borrowed clothes (let's face it she is taller and thinner) or stay up into the night giggling. I think we're better.

I am so grateful for my Missy MooMoo. She took a long time coming but she came at the right time. She is my sister forever and I love her in all my heart!

No comments: