Thursday, March 31, 2011

911

This week has been crazy, actually only yesterday was crazy but the drama seeped into today. Nila came in to work yesterday (late) and told me she fell out of bed. Right away I knew I needed to be concerned. I went and told Pauline that I was worried about her and she came down and we convinced her to go home. During the course of this Nila began to fall asleep, mumble incoherent things, she was shaky, and all sorts of not good. Pauline ended up calling the paramedics who came and took her away on a stretcher. I think we were all, the paramedics included, worried she was having a stroke. Not cool! Nila called me today and she was in complete denial about what happened yesterday. She sounded very angry. I told her I would never do anything unless I felt it was for her own good and she said she knows that and doesn't blame me. However she does think yesterday was a conspiracy set up by Pauline to get her fired. (She said it was all a set up because the ambulance go there so quickly.) She also said Pauline is trying to write her up as some sort of drug addict. It was a pretty crazy conversation. She still insisted all of this even after I told her she was incoherent and we were all very worried about her. I had really hoped yesterday would be a wake up call for her and that she would admit it is time to retire. I wish there was some way I could help her see this. I have expressed my concern to her and also let her know she is far more important than this job, but she still insists on coming to work which puts herself and the students at risk. Part of me wishes I didn't care but I love the crazy lady. She is on my mind constantly and there is nothing I can do or say that will help this situation. I am honestly afraid that I will come into our room one day and she will be collapsed on the floor. She doesn't see that, instead she sees the world ganging up on her. I guess I just don't know what to do or say anymore. I just pray her heart can be softened and that she recognizes what is really happening to her.

No comments: