Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Language of Love

I was having a conversation with some friends tonight (don't die of shock, yes I was out of the house and yes I have more than one friend.) and for some reason the language of love came up.  I have heard of this before but learned that there are 5 ways people express love and generally one way is most prominent for a person.  The girls I was sitting with were easily able to say how they express love.  You know, I am not sure I fit into any spot.  I'm definitely not physical, I have a hard time finding ways to serve, and I don't remember the other three but they weren't me either. 

I was just thinking, I hope the people I love know that I love them.  I know I am not the best communicator, but I sure do love a lot of people and I hope in my way it comes across.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

hey, maybe i'm biased, but I think you're a very serving person. I love you!

Duck said...

I have been hearing a lot about the "5 languages of love"
1. words of affirmation,
2. quality time,
3. receiving gifts,
4. acts of service,
5. physical touch.

While there may be some people who fall into exactly one or two of these "languages", I think most of us give, and receive love, in a multitude of languages, even in others NOT described as THE five.

I think you know how you feel love and those who know you know how they feel love from you.

I feel love from you through your loving actions, the time you spend with me, the kind things you do for others, the joy you give, and in your laughter and the things you share with me.

love you, sweetie pie.