Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Letter

Dear Boys,

There are many questions I would like to ask, but being as I don't any of you personally, I am hoping this will somehow reach you.  Did any of you take to heart what was said in General Conference?  To paraphrase, "get off your lazy, selfish bottoms and ask out the beautiful women that are around you."  Perhaps that is a little off, but I really hoped that many of my wonderful amazing friends would actually get asked out on dates.  Apparently the message didn't sink in.  (Sorry, really trying not to sound like a bitter girl, but someone has to say it.)

Don't worry, I don't place all of the blame on you.  I think girls have issues too and we need to make ourselves available.  So, here I am making myself available.  I know I am not a super model and have even been called a "sweet spirit" so if that doesn't appeal I know lots of other girls.   Amazing women who would make beautiful companions.

Now, if we are having an honest conversation, which I think we are, what is wrong with me?  I know I may be a "sweet spirit" but I don't think I am hideous.  I know I am chubby but in my mind that means curves in all the right places.  I am educated, have a good job, I attend church regularly, and I am temple worthy.  I try to be friendly and talk to people I don't know.  I have a good sense of humor and in general I would say I am a good person.  I know I am an independent person but I am learning to rely on others.  I won't ever be a high maintenance girl which seems to be a mark in the "not for me column" but I think a girl should be able to take care of herself.

I promise to give you a chance all I am is asking is for you to do the same.

Sincerely,

Me 

No comments: