Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Lesson Learned

Today was my first day at school with a new haircut. I must admit I was a little nervous to go to work looking different. It is not that I necessarily care what people think but I do have the fear of being laughed at. I believe this stems from being called Afro Puff in middle school. Anyways, that is not the story of the day. My coworkers loved it which made me happy. My students had mixed reactions. It is funny, I got asked a lot today, "What happened to your hair?" Trust me all sort of sarcastic comments floated throughout my head, but I refrained until the end of the day. I was asked by a student for the billionth time, "What happened to your hair?" I told her I didn't know it just fell out while I was sleeping. She actually believed me and she said with concern in her voice, "Do you have cancer?" I appreciated her concern and let her know I had actually cut my hair. I learned today, hold in sarcastic comments around sixth graders.

No comments: