Saturday, January 26, 2008

Thoughts from Class

I have been sitting here doing my homework when I came across a note I had written down. Before I tell what I had written, let me tell you what the class is. I am currently in my last math class for my Master's and the class is "Algebra and Geometry". My teacher was talking about using manipulatives and blah, blah, blah. In the end she said, "We need physical experiences." Of course I had to write it down because it made me think of something completely unmathematical. I realized it has been a very long time since I have had any real "physical experiences". I am in desperate need of a good, heartfelt hug, from someone who is not family. The last time I was decently hugged was probably two years ago. How pathetic is that? In Oregon all of us hugged each other. I am not a touchy-feely, kind of person, but I loved it. Since moving here I have come to the realization people are afraid to touch each other. I think it is because there are so many underlying implications in a simple touch. Isn't that sad! Why shouldn't you hug or touch someone? Human contact is essential to our growth and well being. I am afraid if I don't have a decent non-family hug soon, I may keel over!

No comments: