Thursday, February 21, 2008

Rings

I have some good news and some sad news to report. I will start off with the sad so you can finish reading this feeling happy. I lost my CTR ring about two weeks ago. I know it is just a ring but this ring saw me through some pretty tough times. I got her my senior year of college and she stuck with me through student teaching, my life in Oregon, and my first two years of Utah. She has become a part of me. My finger has even molded to fit her perfectly.



It has been two weeks now and I am ready to come out out mourning. I just ordered a new CTR ring on line. It is Hawaiian style and here is a shocker, it's pink! I am so excited to get my new ring. My finger is so bare and lonely right now. You know, I even find myself rubbing my finger where my ring used to be. (Phantom feelings again, I must move on to a more cheerful subject.)

I have gotten myself a new lucky ring. As you all know my last lucky ring brought nothing but bad luck. I need to call the good luck back into my life so I got a new and improved ring. This ring has six diamonds on it and every time I look at it, I just feel lucky. My students even asked me about it one day. I informed them this is not a wedding ring (not that I wear it on the left ring finger) but it is my lucky ring. They now want lucky rings too. Knowing the faith of children and that they believe this ring is lucky reassures me I have at last found my lucky ring.

No comments: