Saturday, August 18, 2012

Wicked

Today I went down to Capitol Theater and saw "Wicked".  It was pretty spectacular and I have to say the musical is so much better than the book.  In fact I am not even sure how they were able to turn that book into something so delightful.  I actually liked the characters while watching the musical and thoroughly enjoyed the ending.  The actresses who played Elphie and Glinda were amazing, they belted those songs out with such power.  Although I admit it took me a little while to appreciate their voices as I am used to listening to Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth.   I was a little disappointed in the actor who played Fiyero.   It is not that he was a bad actor but his voice was not as powerful/deep as the other leads. 

If you are looking for a good musical and a wonderful time, I recommend seeing "Wicked", but skip the book.

No comments: