Monday, August 27, 2012

Homesick

Last night I as I was driving home I had the strongest wave of homesickness hit me.   I had a similar feeling again tonight.  It is strange because I have lived on my own for so long, I can't even remember the last time I felt like this.  I think it is a combination of the start of another school year, being sick for what seems like forever, and knowing my parents will soon be heading back to Washington.  As I typed that last part I realize that is the biggest reason.  What a weenie I have become.  I know I will survive without them here, but I don't want to.    I was thinking tonight how nice it would be to visit my parents whenever I wanted.  Get a hug when I am in most desperate need.  I guess the truth is I am not homesick but parent sick. 

I can't believe I am turning 31 soon and I want my Mommy and Daddy.  I suppose some things never change.

No comments: