Saturday, March 22, 2008

Disturbing Dreams

I had a very disturbing dream last night. I dreamt I had just come home from church with a few friends so I went to change. After I had changed, I went into the living room where one of my girlfriends was and one of my guy friends. (The strange thing about dreams is I have never seen this guy before, but I know we were good friends.) The guy looks at me and gets this shocked look on his face. He said, "Wow, I didn't realize you were so small. I always thought you were a lot bigger than you are. I never asked you out because I didn't want to date a big girl. We should go out sometime, I think you may be the girl I have been waiting for." My reaction in the dream was, "That would be fun."

I know this is just a dream but I am really bothered by it. First off, I know I am a curvy girl and I am finally okay with that. Second, why would I ever agree to go out with some guy who only wanted to date me because I lost some wieght? I guess I am just really upset with myself. I know I shouldn't be because this was a dream, but still don't I have any self respect in dreams?

I am also disturbed because I am realizing this may be a hidden fear of mine; guys don't want to date me because I am not a stick. I guess I worry people aren't able to look beyond the size 16 they see before their eyes. I don't want someone who would only date me if I was a size 10. I know I will never be that small and honestly I am okay with that. My issue is I had this dream and as a result my thoughts have been plagued by this silliness all day. Hairy

No comments: