Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Matchbox Twenty

I know it has been a few days since I wrote anything. Life seems to have suddenly caught up with me. I spent all of Saturday doing homework. No My weekend was not terribly exciting for that very reason. Rest assured, this is not the topic of my blog today.

Last week I experienced something for the very first time. I went to a real concert. Yes, I have been to see Everson, but this was a completely different experience. I got to see Alanis Morisette and Matchbox Twenty perform live. It was so awesome! Alanis played for about an hour. She played classics like, "Ironic", "Jagged Little Pill", and "Uninvited". She also did her take on a Fergie song which was really funny. I have never really been an avid Alanis fan, but it was pretty amazing.

The highlight of the evening was definitely Matchbox Twenty. They played for two hours. They covered some of their new songs and most of my favorites. It was so cool to hear "Real World" live. Rob Thomas is amazing! (I am sorry I keep using the same adjectives over and over again, but they fit so well!) I think going to this concert has just made me crave them. I want to go to concerts all of the time. I love the energy of the crowd, hearing good music, singing along at the top of my lungs, and being swept up in memories. If you have never had the chance to attend a concert, I highly recommend it.

No comments: