Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Copy Machines

One of the assignments I have for my current class is to be a discussion leader. Obviously that means I have to lead a 40 minute discussion in class, so I had to prepare discussion points and find outside resources. In addition I needed to make copied of all of this for the people in my group (about 11 copies). I prepared for my discussion on Saturday, Monday, and this morning. I finally felt prepared, printed off my copy and headed off to school to make my copies.

I arrived in the copy machine got everything started only to get the dreaded misfeed message. I cleared all the misfeeds I could find but the machine kept insisting their was something more. The other teachers in the room encouraged me to give up and let the office know. I then proceeded to the Rizo (which is used for massive amounts of copying and is rather annoying for small amounts). I made about have of the copies I needed when another teacher came in who needed to make some copies for her class, since I wasn't in a hurry I let her cut in front of me. She made her copies, left, and I went back to making copies. Two copies later, that machine broke. No more copy machines left to try.

I went back to my office to just print what I needed. I opened my file to find that the font was completely different from what I had already made copies of. (You would think that Word would have all the same fonts, but no). By this point, I was far too frustrated to continue and just compiled what I had. Fortunately I had one complete packet for my teacher. I hate the copy machines at work!

Don't worry though, I survived my thing and my teacher was very understanding.

No comments: