Saturday, April 23, 2011

TayTay

Last night I went to Tay's last concert, Everson and The Indecision were awesome.  I was impressed with all of those who participated, especially Tay and Jimbot.  At the very end it finally hit me that Tay is leaving Utah.  I can't believe it and I really don't want him to.  It has been so nice getting to know my brother.  I am not sure how well I knew him before these past few years, but he has become my friend and someone who I can count on.
It has meant so much to me to know if I needed a blessing he would be willing.  I have loved having someone to brave family activities with.  I think of the times he came to my classroom and inspired my students with his love and passion for music.  Of course I remember a few times wanting to strangle him but I think that is the nature of family.

I am going to do my best not to cry (I realize that is a loosing battle, but at some point I have to show the tears they are not the boss of me) when we say goodbye next week.  I am glad this is not a goodbye I'll never see you again.  I am grateful for the knowledge we are brother and sister forever and that we have more time to continue to build our relationship.

Good luck in the great northwest TayTay!  I just want you to know you are loved and I am rooting for your success.  I know you will be an amazing psychologist and that your gifts will help many people.  On a side note, thank you for moving to a place with no sun, I am tired of being the whitest person in the family. 

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Leo, it is my pleasure and I'm going to miss you tons. Truth.